HEALTH INFO & NEWS FOR SEPTEMBER 2016
We just bid goodbye to the month of September, and beginning from this post hence I will be bringing us some news and information round up from the health world. Some may find it useful for their health challenges or for the health of loved ones, while others may simply find good info here. So beneath are some things that have gone down in September 2016.
- REAL LIFE COUPLE FROM “THE FAULT IN OUR STARS” DIE: This couple Dalton and Katie die just days apart, with Dalton passing away first and his wife Katie a few days after. Anyone who has seen the movie “the fault in our stars” is touched by it, just as most health challenges related films are especially where they end in death. The couple are referred to as the real life couple of the book/movie by the same name as their story resembles that of the teenage couple who had cancer but fell in love. This couple suffered what is known as cystic fibrosis, and went against all odds getting married though they were advised against it as they both had frail immune systems which could lead them to passing different complications of their illness to each other. Cystic Fibrosis in simple terms is a hereditary disorder which causes production of abnormally thick mucus and in turn causes severe damage to the digestive system and lungs. WE say God rest the souls of Dalton and Katie.
2. CANNABIS PAIN KILLER CAPSULES: Cannabis whenever in the news has been there for mostly the wrong reasons, however, in recent years and with the growth of people seeking alternative medicine and therapy the some health benefits of cannabis are becoming increasingly accepted in mainstream society. Some countries now permit its use as medication as long as one can show proof of such permission to use.
“The Foria Relief Company has even invented a vaginal suppository, based on aromatic cocoa butter, which is a perfect substitution for Vicodin, Midol, and Ibuprofen. It effectively treats menstrual cramps by relaxing the muscles. Additionally, it does not lead to psychotropic property. It is produced from pesticide and additive-free cannabis. Therefore, their active ingredients are used in a process without microbials and are combined with exact doses; 60 mg of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and 10 mg of cannabidiol (CBD).The pain is blocked by the THC, which inhabits the pleasure areas to the brains cannabinoid system. CBD relaxes the muscles, treats the spasms, and has a favorable effect on inflammatory mechanisms within the body. According to a woman who tried the vaginal suppository, it relaxed her clenched and cramped muscles and soothed the pain in her midriff. Yet, this amazing remedy is only sold in California and is still not approved by the FDA. However, if you decide to use it, make sure you consult your doctor beforehand, even though there have been no complaints from people who have tried it.” http://www.anonews.co/cannabis-capsule/ Hopefully in the not so far future cannabis may come to be better accepted and administered for treatment of certain illnesses.
3. NEW DRUG WHICH COULD HELP WITH ALCOHOL ADDICTION: Stress, anxiety and other factors drive people to become addited to alcohol, some are truly struggling to get out of such destructive behaviors but find themselves in an endless circle, there could be an easy way out based on a new research as regards helping such addicts.
“ABT-436 works by blocking the effects of a brain chemical called vasopressin, which is thought to play a role in regulating stress, anxiety and addictive behaviors, the researchers said.
It’s thought that vasopressin may increase feelings of stress during alcohol withdrawal, which promotes more drinking. So blocking vassopressin with ABT-436 may lessen this stress effect, the researchers said. If that’s the case, it makes sense that people with higher levels of stress could benefit the most from taking the drug, as seen in this study, the researchers said.” http://www.livescience.com/56325-drug-treat-alcohol-addiction.html
4. AUTOMATED INSULIN DELIVERY APPROVED IN USA: The FDA has finally approved the first automated insulin delivery device for type 1 diabetes patients. It is what is described as artificial pancreas which automatically regulates sugar levels in patients with diabetes, saving them from manually having to do attend to their insulin levels. I mentioned this in 5 TECHNOLOGICAL HEALTH ADVANCES YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT This is certainly a welcome development for the many people suffering diabetes as many have died in their sleep due to sudden spikes or drops in their sugar level. May the world of technology bring us more solutions to health challenges.
5. CHROMIUM 6 IN TAP WATER COULD BE HARMFUL: It has been said that drinking tap water is not safe.
“Nearly 200 million Americans across all 50 states have been exposed through their tap water to higher-than-recommended levels of chromium-6, a cancer-causing chemical, according to a new report.
But what is it, and why is it a concern? An odorless and tasteless metallic element, chromium occurs naturally in the environment and can be found in things like rocks, plants and soil. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the two most common forms of chromium found in water are trivalent chromium (chromium-3) and hexavalent chromium (chromium-6). Chromium-6, however, is a toxic form of the mineral. Studies of chromium-6 have established that breathing the particles can cause lung cancer. The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration sets strict limits for levels of airborne chromium-6 in the workplace. The chemical has also been connected to liver damage, reproductive problems and developmental harm, according to the EWG, and presents greater risks to infants and children, people who take antacids, and people with poorly functioning livers.” http://www.livescience.com/56210-what-is-chromium-6-in-tap-water.html
Know what you are drinking.
6. A CURE FOR VITILIGO: Vitiligo causes De-pigmentation in the skin, creating patches of uneven tone on the patient’s skin. “Melagenina Plus” has been developed by some doctors in Cuba, this medication is said to be an alcoholic extract of human placenta, and for now is not sold freely, hence patients have to fly to Cuba for consultations and treatment which they can then go back home to continue. The drug speeds up melanin production in cells.
Well, these are just a few of the things that happened in November I will try to share more of positive news and info.
Have a positive health attitude.