Many are becoming more enlightened about the the image of gluten as a not so healthy part of the many pastries we love to eat, but then, how can one possibly avoid gluten and still enjoy the great taste that comes with alternative gluten recipes? This post is a quick one offering a cake recipe which comes as a gluten free oat flour chocolaty cake.
What you need to make your gluten free oat flour chocolaty cake:
- One cup of oat flour
- Cocoa powder – 2 Table spoon
- One tine of milk (evaporated)
- Honey or other sweeteners of choice (avoid white sugar)
- Banana – 3-4 medium size or as required (banana is optional)
- Olive oil – Half a cup
- Baking powder & baking soda – 1 leveled teaspoon of each
- Eggs – 2-3 as required NOTE – egg is not a necessary ingredient here, as some people have egg allergies, however it can be used to help the cake rise better and for moisture, but it can be done without.
- Blend banana (if using) in a blender till smooth and pour in a bowl
- Pour oatmeal flour, cocoa powder, milk, honey, olive oil baking powder and soda and eggs if you are using it, into the bowl containing the banana paste and whisk using a manual whisker or an electronic one.
- Whisk till all ingredients are smooth, you should taste the paste to see if it requires more sweetener. Paste should be smooth and light, not thick, if thick, add either more milk, eggs or olive oil, till you get the requires consistency.
- Line your small baking pans or pan with olive oil or butter.
- Bake in oven at about 200 degrees for some 20 minutes, if after you deep a knife or other long utensil into the cake and it comes out moist, you need to leave in oven some more, till well baked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
Oatmeal has a lot of benefits, it helps diabetics, lowers blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, and is a good source of fiber, fiber is an essential part of digestion and good for a healthy gut. HERE you will find another recipe with oat flour.
We can make healthy snacks at home without depending on store bought junk food.
Have a positive health attitude, and share this post with friends and family.